Picking colors is so much fun!
Until you have more than one. Or your brand color looks awful on screen. Or the thing you printed doesn’t look like you expected.
Anyone who has ever had to negotiate with a partner when painting a room knows this feeling. People don’t even use the same names for colors – is that green or teal or aqua?
But color is a key part of creating visual impact. Using it well can drive the action you need, improve memorability, and build connection with your brand.
Plus, knowing how, when, and where to use color makes designing marketing materials go so much faster.
Join us for this class or all four sessions of the Color, Type, & Layout: Graphic Design Best Practices. Learn how to create designs that will support your brand. Purchasing this class gives you access to the fourth class in the series: Ask the Art Director.
In this class you’ll discover:
- How to create effective color palettes for maximum impact
- Why to create a secondary color palette
- When you need to stick to your brand colors and when you don’t
- The difference between RGB, CMYK, and PMS—and the best uses for each
- Our favorite free tools for selecting colors